Wine Factor Returns and Refunds Policy
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase of our fine wines from Wine Factor, or if we have made an error with your order, please email us immediately.
It is important to please explain the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Each situation will be reviewed on an individual basis, upon knowing the facts and circumstances, and then resolved promptly.
We cannot accept a return after 30 days because the passage of time limits our ability to recover credit from our shippers and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
Please note, that we may ask you to return the bottles in question (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to the winery. Though problems rarely occur, the wineries we buy our wine from would need to know of any problems also.
We have supplied examples below of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to Wine Factor’s investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
VALID REASONS FOR RETURN FOR REFUND
- The wrong wine was sent. (As in a different vintage than ordered)
- A shipping error has occurred. (We will file a claim against the shipper.)
- The condition of the bottle(s) upon arrival was not consistent with our shipping guidelines. The wine is corked or flawed. The winery, not Wine Factor is the source of this problem but we understand it can be very disappointing.
- The wine is spoiled or leaking upon arrival, and was shipped in accordance with our shipping policy. (We do not guarantee the wines condition if you chose to override our shipping policy.) We will send you an email if weather forecast conditions look unfavorable for safe shipping.
Important Note: Clear photos of damaged or leaking bottles are required to be emailed to us within 24 hours of arrival in order to qualify for a 100% return.
INVALID REASONS FOR RETURN FOR REFUND
Attention California residents. Proposition 65 WARNING:
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. The materials used as colored decorations on the exterior of some products contain lead and/or cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- You decide you don't like or want the wine.
- You received the wine as a gift and want to exchange it.
- You overbought and want to return excess wine.
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have overridden our shipping policy) or for any delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment.