Terms and Conditions
Wine Factor Return Policy
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase of our fine wines from Wine Factor, or if we have made an error with your order, please email us immediately.
It is important to please explain the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Each situation will be reviewed on an individual basis, upon knowing the facts and circumstances, and then resolved promptly.
We cannot accept a return after 30 days because the passage of time limits our ability to recover credit from our shippers and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
Please note, that we may ask you to return the bottles in question (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to the winery. Though problems rarely occur, the wineries we buy our wine from would need to know of any problems also.
We have supplied examples below of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to Wine Factor’s investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
VALID REASONS FOR RETURNS
- The wrong wine was sent. (As in a different vintage than ordered)
- A shipping error has occurred. (We will file a claim against the shipper.)
- The condition of the bottle(s) upon arrival was not consistent with our shipping guidelines. The wine is corked or flawed. The winery, not Wine Factor is the source of this problem but we understand it can be very disappointing.
- The wine is spoiled or leaking upon arrival, and was shipped in accordance with our shipping policy. (We do not guarantee the wine's condition if you chose to override our shipping policy.) We will send you an email if weather forecast conditions look unfavorable for safe shipping.
Important Note: Clear photos of damaged or leaking bottles are required to be emailed to us within 24 hours of arrival in order to qualify for a 100% return.
INVALID REASONS FOR RETURNS
- You decide you don't like or want the wine.
- You received the wine as a gift and want to exchange it.
- You overbought and want to return excess wine.
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have overridden our shipping policy) or for any delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment.
Shipping and Damage Claims
Shipping wine in the heat can result in adverse effects on the quality of the wine. We recommend only shipping when the weather is cool. We will let you know if we feel the weather is not conducive to safe shipping. If you choose to have us ship anyway, we are not to be held responsible for heat damage to the wine.
FedEx is our primary shipper. We will automatically email you a FedEx tracking number on all orders that originate from our warehouse. Though some larger items might be drop shipped which might not have tracking numbers available.
On a rarity, packages are going to be delivered with some shipping damage. If this were to occur, then please contact us immediately at Bev@winefactor.com and let us know the extent or precisely what is damaged in your shipment. You will need to keep all original shipping boxes, packing and damaged items until we contact the shipper. We will file the claim on your behalf. It is possible that the shipping company representative will want to inspect the package. Once the claim is filed, we will ship you a replacement.
Due to individual state shipping laws, we cannot ship to the following states: Arkansas, Alabama, Delaware, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Utah.
At present, we do not ship out of the US (50 states).
We value your privacy. Wine Factor Wholesale LLC doesn't share any customer information. All customer information is used solely for the purposes of communications between Wine Factor Wholesale LLC and you, the customer.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We utilize the highest grade encrypting security systems for our credit card transactions, so you can be rest assured.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Bev@winefactor.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Wine Factor Wholesale LLC 5466 Complex Street, #204 San Diego, CA 92123.